Sunday, February 14, 2010

Horse Show Ribbons

We have collected horse show ribbons over the years. They have such wonderful, brilliant colors. The pink and turquoise are our favorites. Here are a few ideas on what to do with them....love, love, love this wreath!

image courtesy of google images
Tiffany, from Shabby Scraps (one of our favorite vendors at our shows) uses them as a valance to her curtains.



Bridal Survival used them as place cards for a wedding.

Here is a creative way to use them in a bedroom.
image courtesy of GroomingSupplies.com
You could also use them to decorate your holiday tree or use them as colorful bows for birthday or holiday presents. What a treat if would be to receive one of these on a gift! You certainly would feel special, don't you agree?



7 comments:

  1. I love these ribbons. I wonder how they would look all over one of my Lollibags?
    Prudence

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love them too. I brought one home from a flea market last summer and everyone in my family thought I was nuts. I told 'em "whatever makes me happy". I pinned it on a wicker dress form and I think it looks fabulous.
    So sorry to hear about your fav pillow. I had a blue heeler for 18 years. They are great dogs but they love to "kill" household items.
    I hope you find a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the great look of old ribbons- the wreath is so charming!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog!! I have a million of these ribbons because I WON them when I used to compete!! thank you for giving me inspiration of what to do with them! Glad I found you tonight! I'll be back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love ribbons like these..Ilona Steelhammer often has some in her space at Catty Wampus, but I never thought of using them around a canopy frame, or on a valance, although I've used vintage pennants that way. Thanks for sharing these ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a stash of pink, white & lavender ribbons . . . so pretty.

    Love that wreath!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your post with horse ribbons! I live in a horse barn and made a horseshoe shaped wreath for my front door this year and used a horse show ribbon as the bow. Thanks for your even better wreath idea! Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete