Meet the people behind the junk, Kris and Amy of Today's Country Store will do a Q & A session, where they will answer your decorating questions. They adore junk and will show you how repurpose it and use it in aesthetically pleasing and functional ways.
Don't miss it....we are filling the warehouse to the brim with vintage finds. It will be a junkin good time!
Linda & Dixie
The Funky Junk Sisters
Cotton Candy Pink
Sweet, simple two tone versions.
This is a little wild, but very creative.
Two Tone Pink (one of our favs).
Polka dots are so popular. Very retro!
This one is for the MAN CAVE!
Should we leave it white?
Great news! Puyallup's South Hill will have its very own farmers market this year. They have asked The Funky Junk Sisters to be a part of the opening weekend. Of course we said YES.
This is your chance to meet us and get a sneak peak at our stuff. Please stop by to say hello!
The Sunrise Village Farmers' Market will open on Saturday, May 30th, 2009. 10:00am to 4:00pm
Meridian East @ 156th, South Hill.
For more information about the market you can email here firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be a Chamber ribbon cutting on opening day at 12:00noon and Ed Hume will do a dedication at 2:00pm. (We can't wait to meet Ed!)
Please save the date and stay tuned for more info to follow !
Now back to the award.
1. List 7 things that you love.
2. Link to the person who has tagged you
3. Choose 7 more bloggers to give the Kreativ Blogger Award to.
4. Comment on those 7 blogs to let the recipients know you chose them.
Seven things we love:
1. Funky Junk Sister #1 our mother, for giving us the creative junkin spirit.
2. Sisters, because we can tell them anything and they'll listen without judging.
3. Our Children, because they bring all the joy to life... and some not so joyous things, but we get over those!
4. Our Husbands, they put up with all of our funky ideas and help us make them come true!
5.Weekends, to gather and hunt at garage sales & flea markets.
6. Kilz, it covers everything!
7. Redecorating! We are always up for a good room makeover!
8. Whoops we added one more, Margaritas! What would a girl do without them?
Ok so now to the friends we are giving awards to:
Serena and Teri at The Farm Chicks
Amy and Kris at Today's Country Store
All the Girls at Junk Fest
Kelli at The Graham Crackers
Michelle at Chocolate and Marmalade Tea
Melanie at My Sweet Savannah
Tiffany at Shabby Scraps
Make sure you check out all of their blogs, they are great inspiration to us!
Drove through most of Oregon today. It is a beautiful state, that has everything from majestic cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean to grassy rolling hills in Pendleton.
Tonight were are staying in Ontario, Oregon.... it has been a long day of driving. We're gonna hit the hay now then rise early tomorrow to get a jump on all the garage sales. After that we'll move on to Boise, Idaho to discover some cool shops we've heard about.
Linda & Dixie
We are very excited to have The New England Saltbox as a vendor at The Funky Junk Sisters Show. We know you will enjoy their offerings!
It is made of old sets of eyeglasses!
6. Trunks and suitcases make original end tables and are wonderful for providing extra storage. Adding wheels on a large trunk creates a hip coffee table. Some look great in their natural state, with a good cleaning and an oil finish, others can be revived using wallpaper and fabrics to cover them, or by adding vintage decoupage.
7. Globes make sensational decor accents in a den, office or a child's bedroom.
8. Maps are great to use in decoupage projects for small table tops, lampshades, trays, walls or simply to frame.
9. Medicine bottles, especially in blue or green glass, are quite sought after to display as a collection, or as a single bottle with one flower added.
Well , Mom and Patty just couldn't stand it anymore, they are coming to visit! They have been reading about all of the hype for our upcoming show and just couldn't wait to come check it out for themselves. They will be sifting through our garages to access our finds, give us ideas and try to con us out of the good things (Beware Dixie!).
We will be on the hunt hard for the next few days. Mother will be in heaven, she will run all of us ragged till the sun goes down. I guarantee you we will hit every yard sale in Pierce County this weekend. Mom is so excited that I think she forgot Sunday is Easter... oh boy that means no yard sales on Sunday. Thank Goodness, she'll be forced to rest!
Heather makes these cute little primitive dolls. This one is sitting in a dry sink in her family room. She is so sweet. I think I'll call her Sally.