Monday, September 21, 2009

Embrace Fall

As the air becomes crisp and summer fun gives way to indoor activities, it’s time to make your home look as warm and inviting as possible.

Decorate your home with autumn inspiration. Here are a few tips from Furniturestoreblog.com....
Want the look below? Dark wood tables look beautiful, but if you don't have the right shade of wood or don't have a wood table at all, use a colorful/patterned tablecloth to create an autumn setting. Warm colored cushions or slip-covers can be used to enhance the look of your chairs. Simple white pottery stands out to contrast against all of the colors to create visual interest. Hanging candlelit pendants are shown in this space, but glass/crystal hurricanes can be set on the table to achieve the same look.




Never invest in a wild colored upholstered piece. Use pillows or slip covers to accent the furnishings, and change them to reflect the seasons.


Orange is such a wonderful fall color, adding it into your fall china collection is a great way to bring in a touch of fun color. Use real fruits like pears and apples of all shades as hangers for your guest's place cards.


White or cream colored pottery can be used for almost any season, and are good to have in your general collection of accessories.











5 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, inspirational, and great money saving tips as always! Happy fall ladies..
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful!I love the color of the chairs, they are simply stunning. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall is, without a doubt, my favorite season. I love the colors and incorporate them in my home all year long. I love that plate in the 4th picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know why, but I used to think the world could do without the color orange. It's still not my favorite, but we do all need at least a little orange in our lives, like the vine maple I'm going to be gathering real soon! BTW, what are the details to doing your fall show, if you could send me an email, I'd love it. It's ktrass2001atyahoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos...I guess I better get decorating.

    ReplyDelete